Reduce costs. Lync Online facilitates rich and engaging communications across and outside an organization without expensive business travel or costly phone bills. The Lync Online service allows organizations to focus IT resources on developing value instead of running IT infrastructure. Microsoft manages the risks and complexity of operational systems.
Lync Online is a next-generation, enterprise-grade communication solution that can improve business efficiencies, increase productivity, and provide cost savings.
Organizations can gain the following major benefits from using Lync Online:
- Know whether others are available. Repeatedly attempting to reach each other by phone or email is a common communication problem in today’s business world. Often the problem stems from workers who are physically separated by geography and time zones and who lack visibility into other people’s availability or presence. Presence information is especially important when there is a need for a critical business discussion or a time-sensitive decision has to be made.
- Allowing workers to collaborate using the programs they’re already familiar with.
- Connect with people and be more productive through a rich and immersive online meeting experience. Online meetings enable users to connect wherever they are through PC-based audio, video, and web conferencing, both as scheduled meetings and spontaneous, ad hoc collaboration sessions.
- Collaborate using presence and IM access from within Windows SharePoint Services and SharePoint Server sites.
- Communicate with other organizations - allows users to see user presence and communicate using IM and PC-based audio and video across organisational boundaries.